Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Riding With Dex

I was not too keen on riding this morning as various residential circumstances seemed to prevent me from hopping in the saddle, especially a leaking dehumidifier in the basement. Nevertheless, I let go of the idea that I needed to be at the office right on time and attacked the large meandering puddle before putting foot to pedal. As I rode in, slowly through the soupy summer air, I imagined taking this ride (below) with Dexter Gordon. Unfortunately, that isn't possible in the literal sense, but we all can certainly move along posthumously with his music.

* * *
As thoughts of Dex's album began to percolate more than my earlier funk, I was moving uphill past the local coffeeshop where 3 or 4 cyclists relaxed with their java. If I hadn't left late I might have been more inclined to stop and chat with them. 

No comments: