Thursday, January 26, 2012

Very Urban Cycling



  西洋人 [Seiyo-jin], aka "The Westerner," is always reading interesting things and finds worthwhile bicycling ephemera on the web. So good of him to send them my way.  Here's one of them, relayed initially through The Atlantic from Mexico City:



I can identify with this rider’s enthusiasm as he slides and turns in the midst of so much, albeit polluted and overcrowded, life. I remember the rush one can feel when pushing through urban traffic, feeling superior to the masses stuck in clogs of cars and trucks. In my college days my friend and I had nerve, less judgment and whistles, that propelled us through tight traffic in Philly. We snaked through gaps and narrow passages defined by endless lines of chassis and bumpers. Luckily we didn't get hurt. I hope this man continues to avoid accidents just as we did....

No comments: