Friday, December 18, 2009

29 and clear

I vacillated between riding and not riding to the local bookstore this morning, with the chilly 29 Fahrenheit a concerning factor. In the end, I donned my wool balaclava and several layers before heading out. Lest I think myself crazy I came upon another biker about 10 minutes into my ride, and stopping to chat at an intersection found that she was in fact crazy, ranting in a high pitched voice about gambling policies and the governor, then urging me in near hysteria to advocate an end to card tables as a source of revenue. Her bike was green with fenders.

Garb considerations: too many cotton layers and a top fleece layer did not shield me from wind leaving me with a cold chest. Nose and cheeks need better coverage as well. Seek plastic/synthetic windbreaker.

No comments: